Maritime law and Transportation
Lleytons offers immediate attention and complete legal advice regarding the transport of goods in general and Maritime Law in particular. Frequent freight transport operations are carried out by combining two or more methods of transport (intermodal transport) which generates a great problem regarding the eventual loss of goods.
Due to the enormous experience acquired over the years in these highly specialized sectors, we have become leaders in this sector thanks to our high level of expertise in providing clients with practical, global and tailor-made solutions for maritime and transport law corporations at national and international level.
Lleytons provide complete legal advising, among others, in the following areas:
- Sales of domestic and foreign vessels.
- Flagging and registration of ships, applications for regular lines, and dealings with the Maritime Port Authority in all kind of administrative proceedings.
- Registration, modification and cancellation of mortgages and other burdens.
- Negotiation, reviewing and drafting contracts of construction of vessels and advising in financing transactions.
- Negotiation, reviewing and drafting all kind of charter contracts: time charters, voyage charter, and bareboat charter agreements.
- Maritime Arbitration and maritime legal claims.
- Arrest of vessels.
- Storage and logistical operation contracts.
- Claims for damages caused to the cargo carried.
- Insurance coverage of P&I and FD&D.
- Competition Law in the Maritime sector.
- Maritime Labour Law.
At Lleytons, our team is made up of professionals who are experts in maritime-labour matters, advising companies on everything related to the hiring of ship captains and other qualified positions, service documents on board, control of working conditions or labour risks. In addition, the following aspects also stand out: compensation in the event of shipwreck, alliances and international cooperation, loss insurance, representation before ILO and IMO bodies and repatriations, among others.
Consulta en nuestra área de conocimiento nuestros artículos relacionados con el sector.
We have a professional team specialized and determined to offer the most advantageous solution for our customers.